Questions? Contact us
Phone: 01454 419262
Business Hours: from Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00
If you are interested in joining our team, please see the current available jobs below. No agencies please.
Melrose Group is a friendly company specialising in the Licensed trade and based in Thornbury, Bristol.
Trainee Stock Auditor
We are seeking to employ a Trainee Stock Auditor to provide Stocktaking services to our Licensed Trade clients.
The ideal candidate will be given full training, support and the opportunity to progress further within the department. Once fully trained you will be working independently.
Requirements for job role are –
- The ideal candidate must be numerate, ambitious, self-motivated, personable, and able to work independently (once fully trained).
- A full clean Driver’s License will be required.
- Strong IT ability and desire to continue developing knowledge as new software technology becomes available.
- Have a good customer manner with good communication skills and be presentable and courteous.
- Time management skills are a must, being able to organise your diary to meet client needs
- Being able to meet deadlines and deliver a stock report to the client on the day where possible.
- Be diligent and have a good eye for attention, good at numerical problem solving to ensure you get the result.
- Any experience of the Licensed trade or stocktaking will be considered an advantage – however full training will be given.
- Our clients are individuals and their requirements vary. You will often be asked to take a different approach to each one and with the work to be carried out. The right candidate must be able to support those that need extra focus when needed.
The Duties for the role will include –
- Prior to stocktake, use remote access of client information to pre enter as much purchase/ sales information, ready for the stock count.
- On site Stocktaking at client’s premises to include:
- A full stock count of the cellar, bar and other storage areas.
- Processing of brewery delivery notes and ad hoc invoices
- Prepare a full variance report highlighting areas showing discrepancies.
- Prepare a full stock report with analysis of surplus / deficit, turnover, GP, yield, allowances, variances, with an in-depth audit report on how the client might improve statistics to gain more profit.
- Present the report to the client with a full and meaningful discussion.
- Be able to discuss and advise on retail pricing to achieve optimum GP’s, menu writing and costing.
- Send in all stock reports to head office within 72 hours.
- Report any issues immediately to head office.
The opportunity to be enrolled on a one day APLH course in order to gain your Personal License.
Six weeks holiday per year.
Extended holiday allowance for long service.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter attached